Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Mom fell last night

It's was about 8:15 last night when I got a call from Mom. She sounded fine on the phone. Here's how it went.

Mom: Connie?
Me: Hi Mom, what's up?
Mom: I'm fine, don't worry, but I fell and I can't get up (thoughts of that commercial)
Me: Are you sure you're ok?
Mom: Yeah, but I need somebody to help me up, I've tried and just can't do it.

Husband and I jump into the car. I know I couldn't pick her up by myself. Or...We'd both end up hysterical laughing if I couldn't. That's just what we do.

Mom isn't that big. She has lost alot of weight do to age and a bout with colon cancer.

We jump in the car and race over. Takes us all of 3 minutes. When we opened the front door, there she is! Sitting near the steps to upstairs, looking fine (thank god).

I have a bad back and Mom is always worried about me. It's always "Connie! Watch your bad back".

We grab under both arms and up she goes.

We sat with her for a little while and bascially talked about nothing. I'm really looking at her and she looks good. Even her hair, which is rare :o)

I said I was going to stay until she got up to her bedroom. I followed her up and she was fine...again Thank God!

She starts to try to turn on the damn TV and has problems again with the remote control (that's another story).

So, we turned off all the lights, closed the door and went home. Today, she had an appointment at the doctor at 8:30. She's driving herself :o)

1 comment:

  1. Happy to know it wasn't serious. I hope her doc appointment goes well.

    ReplyDelete